The 2010 Fulbright Australian Scholars with Professor Glyn Davis, VC University of Melbourne (11th from left), Ambassador Jeffrey Bleich (13th from left), Dr Joe Hlubucek, Executive Director, Fulbright Commission (centre) and Mr Tom Pascarella, Chair, Fulbright Commission (13th from right). Presentation dinner photos: Timothy Burgess

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In true Seinfeld fashion, goodbye and farewell for now


It is with mixed emotions that I post this comment. As some of you may know, I am finishing my Fulbright Scholarship and will be leaving SUNY Oswego on Friday 12 November. I truly have enjoyed being part of your college community. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation to my host Professor Susan Camp, newfound friends and colleagues.

Even though I will miss you all, I am looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities of being awarded an Australian-American Fulbright Scholarship. I have learned a great deal from visiting and conducting research within the SUNY Community College System. It has been an invaluable experience and a great pleasure.

Best wishes to you all for a happy and safe festive season.

Sincerely,
Mark
Postscript: The blog will continue up to my Oswego departure and throughout my holidays in Washington DC and New York City...the excellent adventure continues.

Post Postscript: Coming attractions include my son’s arrival, a visit to Fort Drum’s educational centre, Dinosaur BBQ and a weekend at Niagara Falls, Canada.

15 comments:

  1. Mark,

    It was a pleasure to work with you and I am intrigued by your studies; in particular the notion of “currency”.

    If at all possible, I would be very interested in learning of your conclusions at the appropriate time. We have a great deal to learn relative to Workforce Development, and your insights are most welcome.

    Safe journeys, and please let me know if there is every anything I can do to be of assistance to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    It is so good to hear from you! I hope you enjoyed your visit in the US and Central New York.
    I am glad I was able to assist you. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark – it was very nice to spend time with you and learn about the system in Australia – I learned that we have a lot in common. I would be very interested in receiving your final report, whenever it is available.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    The pleasure was ours. Please keep in touch. And come back to visit us when you are in the States.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark,

    It was my pleasure to have assisted in a small way. You were a very good “guest”, and I learned a lot from you. Wishing you safe journey back home.

    Warm regards to your family and colleagues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark,

    It was my pleasure. I enjoyed meeting you and chatting about your project and the college. Enjoy the remainder of your stay in the US and have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mark,

    It was a pleasure to spend time with you. Once you return to Queensland and share your experiences, please let me know if there is someone that I can contact to forge a relationship between institutions. An opportunity for our students to go to Australia would be much appreciated.

    Have a good trip home and please stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark,

    It was a pleasure to meet you and learn about your institution. Best of luck on your return home and I hope you are able to make a significant contribution as a result of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark,
    What a pleasure it was to have you at SUNY Oswego. Your time with us has enriched us. Stay in touch. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark,

    Enjoy the rest of your time here in the United States as you play tourist and please accept my very best wishes for a safe trip home, an enjoyable holiday season, and for all your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely sentiments - looked like you made an impression and had a great time. They were obviously very welcoming and made your trip all the more enjoyable. Sad it's all over - it went so quickly!

    Have a great holiday George.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Mark,

    Thank you for your warm note of farewell that was posted to the School of Education listserv. I attempted to post a comment to your blog but it was rejected for some reason!! We were honored to have you as a Visiting Fulbright Scholar in our School of Education over the past several months. I am delighted to know that your research endeavors here were fruitful and productive. We look forward to seeing the final results of your study when you are able to share them with us. We wish you safe travels back to Australia. Have a joyful holiday season, and enjoy the warmer weather upon your return to the southern hemisphere!

    Linda Rae Markert, Dean & ProfessorSchool of Education

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark,

    As you prepare to leave us, just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading your blog about your many adventures during your stay with us. You've managed to visit many places while here and meet many people from diverse walks of life and I'm sure, have a lot of wonderful memories from the many new friends you've acquired. It's been a pleasure to have you here and I wish you success in all your future endeavors.

    Have a safe trip home and enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mark…

    Travel safe…please do keep in touch…I hope you enjoy a lovely holiday season as well…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your missed already! Thoroughly enjoyed your company, blog and meeting John. I will never watch another Seinfeld episode again without thinking of you. Be safe in the rest of your travels here and on the trip home. Take care and keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete