The 2010 Fulbright Australian Scholars with Professor Glyn Davis, VC University of Melbourne (11th from left), Ambassador Jeffrey Bleich (13th from left), Dr Joe Hlubucek, Executive Director, Fulbright Commission (centre) and Mr Tom Pascarella, Chair, Fulbright Commission (13th from right). Presentation dinner photos: Timothy Burgess

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Work and my Son’s arrival in Oswego

Oh man, I’m still struggling with the interview transcripts. I’m such an overachiever and now I realise that maybe I visited a few too many Community Colleges but I couldn’t say no! I only have two weeks left in Oswego and John (my youngest Son) arrives at midnight Tuesday. I’m very thankful for John’s surprise visit and it will be good to see family.


Work wise I have a site visit to Fort Drum’s Educational facility scheduled for Wednesday morning, another meeting with the SUNY Oswego Provost, and finally a meeting with the Director of SUNY’s Continuing Professional Development Unit on my last day in Oswego. Somewhere along the line I must also organise farewell gifts for my hosts and start packing. Therefore you must forgive me for the following dot points:
  • John arrived safely and on time.
  • Like me, John received a warm and friendly Oswego welcome. He was so jet lagged for the rest of the week.
  • The visit to Fort Drum provided an invaluable perspective of the partnership between Jefferson Community College and the military.
  • John experienced margarita night at Azteca...another Oswego tradition for visitors.
  • And yes! I’m still working on the transcripts.
The perfect antidote to the stresses of work is TGIF.

Ciao,
Mark

1 comment:

  1. I remember meeting John a few months ago. Great bloke. You must be so glad to see your son after so many months. Say hi for me.

    ReplyDelete