In reality I’m feeling a bit more positive today, this is despite the long journey into Washington via Dulles International Airport. And do you know what is most excellent?, getting to meet Frank Chong, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Community Colleges, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE), Department of Education, United States of America. The OVAE is located adjacent to the Department of Homeland Security so you can imagine the level of security. The meeting was scheduled with the assistance of the Embassy of Australia and was supposed to be only thirty minutes.
However, once the dialogue started we ended up speaking for nearly two and a half hours. Seriously, I could have not asked for a better meeting. Probably the wisest decision I ever made next to applying for a Fulbright Scholarship. I wish I could time travel and freeze time, because it was one of the most rewarding moments in my career. I think my media mentor (Peter Beattie) would have been proud and what topped it off, were the gifts from home.
After stopping at a few of the local attractions, I made the long walk to the Embassy of Australia. The warmth of the company at the Embassy went a long way to making it a pleasant reception. Again it was fantastic to catch up with the other Fulbright Scholars who were unable to attend the NYC event.
The conversation and networking flowed easily and I guess being a Fulbright Scholar is an extension of our desire to communicate to all, and as such it was an enriching experience. Regrettably I had to miss the dinner and make the long bus ride back to Dulles International Airport and then the courtesy bus to the Comfort Inn, Sterling, Virginia. Understandably a tad weary I fell into bed but I survived or so I thought.
Ciao,
Mark














Wow, you are mixing with some very important people Mark. All the power to you!
ReplyDeleteHarry tvvvvhb
Glad the meeting went so well - that's impressive 30 mins to 2.5 hours. You must have made an impression, so well done.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics Mr Tourist.