The 2010 Fulbright Australian Scholars with Professor Glyn Davis, VC University of Melbourne (11th from left), Ambassador Jeffrey Bleich (13th from left), Dr Joe Hlubucek, Executive Director, Fulbright Commission (centre) and Mr Tom Pascarella, Chair, Fulbright Commission (13th from right). Presentation dinner photos: Timothy Burgess

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Luv those weekends - Oswego River

Early Saturday morning was a whirlwind of inertia, watching the election results streamed live on the ABC website and haphazard attempts at ironing my clothes. The perfect antidotes to a dull day, was to head down to Oswego River and do the grocery shopping. I took a slow walk to the city heading south and was able to view the scenic Oswego River in its peaceful splendour. The water was moving at a measured pace which then meandered its way through a natural landscape.

Although, the further south I walked along its picturesque banks, rapids and whitewater become more apparent. The fast moving water and noise of the hydro-electric plant is remarkable.
Heading back up the river I noticed an artist demonstrating her talent. She is a SUNY student (sorry I missed her name) and had been approached by the city administrators to contribute to the existing murals along the riverbank.
Sunday was one of those days that just sort of slips through your fingers. Due to heavy rain for most of the day it felt like I didn’t do much at all. Although, there was one exception and that was to catch up on my blogs.

Ciao,
Mark

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mark
    Did you get my text message re my B2B run yesterday? I did 59.02 for the 10km after crusing for a week. Obviously good training! Have you hired a car to get further afield on your weekends?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloths? You're, like, wearing loin-cloths to work and they need ironing?

    Sorry, I read it and had this weird mental image for a second until I realised you meant 'clothes'. LOL - I should be careful, it's not like I never suffer from typo syndrome myself at all...

    That river looks stunning - such a contrast from gentle to raging like that. Must have been a great walk, would've enjoyed that one myself. Beautiful pics by the way, really gorgeous surroundings there.

    Ta for the surprise birthday call btw - had a fantastic weekend of celebration and your call was a welcome part of that. Great to hear that you're having such a fab time and I hope the New York State Fair puts on it's shiny best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. g'day mate sounds like your having the time of your life remember dad you weren't sent there for holiday haha. hope all is well in SUNY oswego
    john

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lindel,

    Thanks for your comment, however, I think:

    (a) You had way too much celebration on your birthday
    (b) Your eyes are playing tricks on you
    (c) There is an empty bottle of liquor next to your computer
    (d) Your dreamin’

    I would say…lock in (d) Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    An excellent time for the B2B…well done! I’ll be back in training soon with my New Balance runners which only cost $28.99. What a bargain…happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah,(d) tell her she's dreamin' - how's the serenity...?

    Actually it was (e)too many viewings of Orlando in "Troy" with that leather loincloth, but probably with a bit of (a) mixed in as well...

    (c) is pretty much a given most of the time, but as it has no affect on me, it doesn't count.

    (a)well, yeah of course, but due to (c)^ above, it wouldn't have made any difference anyway!

    AS for (b) - I actually have an eye specialist appointment booked for next week, thanks for the reminder! Obviously I need it :)

    ReplyDelete